Wednesday 22 April 2009

Let the Right One In

Let the Right One In (or it's stangely similar Swedish title Låt den rätte komma in) is disturbing. Not because it's unrelentingly cold or bleak, or because of all the vampirey killing. It's disturbing because I know it's better than I thought it was. It's clearly an excellent film, but next to others in the genre that it has been compared to - Pan's Labyrinth, The Orphanage - it didn't effect me at all. I missed the vibrancy of Guillermo del Toro, even though I knew it didn't need it. I'm distrurbed that I wasn't disturbed.

It was worth trying to get out of The Most Confusing Car Park in Wales though. And walking around an eerily empty shopping centre. Zombies? No, no zombies.

1 comment:

  1. Give me starkness over vibrancy any day.

    I mean, what?

    ReplyDelete