Sunday 5 June 2011

You'd need a corner cell for that

Breaking out of prison is hard. Really difficult. You might just have to stay here. I've read a few books, and I've asked Liam Neeson, and it doesn't seem like a thing that can be done. It's really dangerous, and expensive, and... well, I just can't be bothered. If you want to do it yourself I can get you a chisel and a big poster. Apart from that I can't help you. I've brought you a few magazines instead. Should keep you going.

You'll have never felt as sorry for Russell Crowe as you will in The Next Three Days. He has to break his wife out of prison and it doesn't look like he's very good at it. There's some especially precarious running-away scenes. You can't run away from the evil state, after all. Unless you can. The whole thing is more entertaining than you'd think.

5 comments:

  1. I’ve not heard of this one, can Russell Crowe still act? Robin Hood was pretty sucky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No funny accents here. I think it's one of his 'fat' performances, where he gets a bit chubby to do serious acting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you catch Doctor Who by the way? Holy shit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Doctor Who was mind-alteringly good. It'll take a rewatch to figure out all the River Song stuff. You know that Moffat had it all worked out from the start.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heh, love the "fat performance" label, Losing huge amounts is another indicator of an actor's determination to be taken seriously.

    ReplyDelete