Saturday 10 October 2009

A bigger camera and a stick

The shooting for how to be god starts soon, and it'll be a bit different. For me, at least. My short films were made with a tiny digital camcorder and a little microphone. I love that camera. You press a button, it films. It's uncomplicated, simple, fuss-free filmmaking. The film may look and sound a bit rough but, you know, you just press a button. I learnt everything I know using that camera, which is slightly more than nothing. It gave me a start. Everything's changing now. how to be god is going to be filmed using professional equiptment, using something called 'film' and a 'boom mic'. It all sounds pretty technical to me. I mean, I might actually need a crew. I've never been in charge of something like this before. You write a thing, you cast the thing, then you're given expensive gadgets to film the thing. It's a nice process.

The good news is, it'll look better than usual, it'll sound better than usual, and it won't have a plot that makes you go 'eh?'

1 comment:

  1. Oh, my. Shooting on film is so crazy complicated compared to digital. I was never brave enough to try it (and/or not in film school long enough for them to make me). Good luck and remember to check the gate!

    I don't know what that means exactly, but I know it's important.

    ReplyDelete