Thursday 11 June 2009

Various household appliances

In trying to develop a soundscape of wonder for Talk to Hoshuu I've started recording the sounds of various household appliances. So far I've got a lawnmower, a washing machine, a microwave, a tumble drier and an electric fan. I'm waiting for the sound of rain, but it's not raining. Yes, this is the life of a one-man production crew.

I shouldn't be mentioning this, especially not before anyone's seen the film. Whatever atmosphere it was going to have is now ruined. The lawnmower's out though. It didn't sound ethereal. It sounded like a lawnmower.

3 comments:

  1. Well, that all sounds very intriguing, lawnmowers, washing machines, driers, etc...

    Just wanted to drop in here and say thank you for signing up to follow my humble little blog, you are the 200th person to do so... a milestone of sorts, I guess... I haven't really figured out whether having alot of followers is a real indication of a blog's qualities... but, whatever, like many numbers, its fun to see if it keeps climbing. How did you happen to find the Magic Lantern Show, btw? Good luck with your films to come !

    ReplyDelete
  2. 200 followers is a pretty lofty number, and a nicely round one too. One more follower is going to ruin everything. I think I found your blog from A Rule of Thirds, continuing my photography blog binge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did quite a bit of sound recording on the short film I just finished. It's a pretty wonderful thing when you put together your own soundtrack and figure out what great sounds can be used for what's on screen.

    ReplyDelete